For the best tuna sandwich recipe, we suggest you take the steps listed below. Remember, you can always have a tuna sandwich as you play your favorite online casino games.
- Tuna: You should try using tuna that is packed in water that has a dolphin-safe label or the packets. You can also substitute oil-packed tuna as well. For you to remove the oil from oil-packed tuna you have to add to it a sieve, rinse it with cold water, and then press it with a spatula so that you extract all of the liquid out of the fish.
- Mayonnaise: The recipe needs you to use a lot of mayonnaise. You can start with a quarter cup if you want and then add more, to taste.
- Sweet pickle relish: To substitute dill relish or minced dill pickles you can use this one if you prefer that flavor.
Tuna Salad Instruction
You have to add the drained tuna into a bowl and then stir it with the rest of your ingredients that include mayo, celery, pickle relish, onion, and garlic and lemon juice. You then mix it well and also season to taste with salt and pepper.
- You heat a skillet over medium to high heat while you put butter on one side each of two slices of bread.
- Lay one piece of bread in the skillet and top it with a thick layer of tuna fish salad. You also can top it with a piece of cheese and the second piece of bread with the butter side up.
- When you notice the bottom of the bread getting golden brown you can then carefully turn the entire tune melt. You can continue to cook until you can see that the second side has browned and you can remove it.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Yield: This recipe will make about 4 cups of tuna salad that is enough for 6 sandwiches.
- Storage: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for at most up to 4 days.
- Mayo-free: Instead of using mayonnaise, try making the dressing with plain yogurt or whipped silken tofu. You can also add lemon vinaigrette that is ¼ olive oil, 2 tbsp. lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard, fresh herbs like dill, parsley, or chives, and salt and pepper to taste.
- More mix-ins: Add a small amount of diced apple, a handful of thawed peas, or a couple of chopped hard-boiled eggs to your tuna salad.
- Lettuce wraps: Tuna salad is delicious wrapped in lettuce leaves or piled on a bed of lettuce.
- Tuna pasta salad: Make a tasty tuna pasta salad by adding cooked macaroni, rotini, or any of your other favorite small pasta.
- Stuffed tomatoes: Hollow out juicy tomatoes and fill them with tuna salad for an old-fashioned and delicious lunch.
- Ahi Tuna Salad: Splurge and make tuna salad with it. Cook it through and then flake it up in this recipe.